Heather Baker, Managing Director
Founded TopLine, October 2008
- Lobbied government for cash machine network, LINK
- Broadcast consulting for Barclays
- Managed BT's largest outsourcing contract with the Ministry of Defence
- Launched Rosetta Stone language software in the UK
- Feature writer for the South African Times and member of SA Business Club
- MBA from London Business School (2012)
- MA (Psychology) from University of Cape Town
- Comms Diploma from the Chartered Institute of Marketing UK
- Associate of the CIPR
- Chairman of the PRCA's SME Group
- Special mention, Rising Star of the Year, South African Business Awards
- 2012 IVLP Small Business Development participant
"Getting the agency off the ground during a recession, building a great team, and watching the business grow!"
- Internship at Mail on Sunday
- Broadcast consulting for the Woolwich
- Reporter for ChannelEyes - official e-zine of the Channel Expo 2009/10
- Media training co-ordinator with clients including the London Stock Exchange, Bank of England, the British Bankers Association and Barclays
- BA (Hons) in English Literature and Language
"Highlights include our 2011 PRCA Crisis and Issues Management Campaign of the Year Award, front page FT coverage, and the opening of our new office.”
Head of Production
- Produced films for BP, The World Health Organisation, MTV and Paramount
- Conference and event TV expert
- Winner of 2011 Telly Award for film for Alzheimer's Society of Canada
- BSc (Hons) television production.
"Working just off Charlotte Street with a team I know I can trust."
Senior Account Manager
- Account manager in the B2B graphic arts sector
- Freelance blogger for YMCA South West London
- Local Council elections candidate
- BA (Hons) in History and Archaeology from University of Southampton
- Level 2 trampoline coach and judge
"Learning that there was a surprise benefits package on day one..."
- Account Manager in B2B graphic arts sector
- Reporter at eWEEK Europe
- Freelance travel blogger for eBookers
- Trainee local and sports news reporter in the Wimbledon, Croydon and Greater London areas
- BTEC National Diploma in Motorsport Engineering
- NCTJ Diploma in Multimedia Journalism
"Getting my teeth into a portfolio of exciting clients straight from the word go."
- PR Executive at Workdocx, a SaaS tech start-up
- PR Assistant at Jesselle PR, a leading Australian PR and Branding agency
EA in the O&G Mining, Telecommunications, and Infrastructure Industries
- BBus in Public Relations, Queensland University of Technology
BA in French, University of Queensland (Cross-Institutional)
"Working with a great team and seeing our work consistently placed in the national newspapers."
- PR Intern
- Work experience at the House of Commons
- Music events organiser
- BA (Hons) History
"Having the opportunity to blog for the B2B Guide to Social Media."
Senior Account Executive
- Shore Excursion Executive at a B2B service provider to the cruise industry
- MA(Hons) English Literature
- MLitt Modernities
"Getting stuck in on client work from day one."
- Nearly ten years' experience in Hospitality, Retail and Customer Service, both in the UK and Canada
- Voluntary work with River Cottage
- BA (Hons) in English and Film, University of Southampton
- MA in Film, University of Southampton
- A barely used Ski Instructor's License
“Working with such a close knit team and being thrown straight in at the deep end.”
- Communications Intern for the Governor of Minnesota
- Research Assistant at a U.S. public policy think tank
- BA (Hons) in International Relations, Franklin College Switzerland
- MSc in Comparative Politics, London School of Economics
"Working with interesting clients in a small company environment."
- Investment Banking (Leveraged Finance) at Société Générale
- CLO fund investor (LBOs) at Egret Capital
- Private Equity Investor at Ithmar Captial and Energy Capital Group
- Finance and growth advisor to small growing businesses
- MBA from London Business School. Corporate Finance and Entrepreneurship
- Msc in Banking and International Finance from Cass Business School
- Degree in Business Administration from University of Valencia, Spain
“Being part of a highly entrepreneurial company, extremely dynamic and with great potential for growth.”
- Online music PR
- Assistant at the IPA (Institute of Practitioners in Advertising)
- Over ten years experience performing, writing, arranging and recording music
- BMus (Hons) Music and Computer Sound Design
- Master Performance Diploma (Vocaltech/Trinity Music College)
"Joining a very passionate and driven team; as well as being greeted by Devon the very friendly dog!"
Video Producer/ Director
- Worked for top broadcasters such as BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5
- Genres include glossy studio shows, drama, entertainment, sport, fashion and music
- Lover of telly things and digital video production
- BA (hons) Media Production
"Shooting with Kim Kardashian, like OMG she was totally awesome."
Presenter and Media Trainer
- News Anchor/Reporter and Business Presenter at Sky News
- Business Presenter/News Reporter at BBC News 24
- Reporter at Channel 4 News
- Reporter at Channel 5 News
- Anchor, ITV’s ‘Meridian Tonight’ (2 years)
- Newsreader/Reporter at BBC London
- Presenter/Reporter at ITN Productions
- Newsreader, BBC Radio 1
- Newsreader/Reporter IRN
- BA (Hons) Modern Languages (Russian and French)
"Presenting as-live interviews on complex topics from conferences for quick turnaround to be broadcast on YouTube the same day - and mastering diplomatic, constructive feedback of Media Training clients, of varying abilities!"
- Corporate Hospitality Catering Manager at the London 2012 Olympic Games
- Corporate Social Responsibility Officer at Population and Community Development Association (PDA),Thailand
- (MA) Hons Divinity, University of Edinburgh
"Working for a dynamic and rapidly expanding company with great people."
- PR and marketing work experience at Penguin Children's books
- Temporary PA to a publishing CEO in the run-up to Frankfurt Book Fair
- Worked with a start-up publishing house, Kohl, in Glasgow
- BA (Hons) English and Creative Writing, University of Warwick
"Working with a super-friendly and organised team in a passionate environment -and flowers on my first day!"