5 secrets every business should know about video
So you’ve heard some of the hype surrounding video, and you’re debating whether to splash the cash and invest in a corporate video. Well, to help you decide, here are five secrets (more hard-and-fast facts than secrets, but hey) that you should consider when making your decision:
1. Despite its ever-changing algorithm, Google loves video. In fact, according to statistics from Forrester, your website is 53 times more likely to appear on Google’s first page if your site has video than if it does not. A video, alongside a highly targeted SEO campaign, will result in your site climbing those all-important Google search rankings.
2. YouTube is the world’s second most popular search engine, after Google. The site gets over one billion unique visits, with over 6 billion hours of YouTube watched per month. Granted, a lot of those are spent watching videos like this one, but a lot of YouTube searches are for business purposes, whether it be for advice, or to look for a product review or details of a service to buy.
3. Online video delivers ten times the response rate than written text. It is more engaging (90 per cent of information transmitted to the brain is visual, which is why training video production is such an effective method of increasing knowledge retention) and encourages viewers to spend more time on a web page, thereby decreasing a site’s bounce rate. According to Forrester just 20 per cent of website visitors read through website content, but 80 per cent will watch videos.
4. Online video sharing is increasing all the time. When you consider there are over one billion Facebook users worldwide, 150 million on Twitter (700 million YouTube videos are shared on Twitter every minute) and 100 million LinkedIn members, it’s easy to see why.
5. According to Facebook, posts containing an image or a video receive a 39 per cent higher interaction rate than normal posts. Furthermore, a study by Eloqua revealed that when a video is embedded in a newsletter, the number of subscriber opt-outs reduced by 75 per cent. And that’s just two examples of how a video can enhance all your other marketing activities.
Commissioning a corporate video might seem like a big investment, but it’s a worthwhile one. A high quality, well planned and well produced video will massively increase your reach, better engage your target audience, help drive traffic to your site and keep people on your website for longer. We are in the midst of a ‘digital revolution’ - so as a business it’s important to keep up, and make the most of it!
Find out more about our corporate video production services