WorldRemit, a disruptive international money transfer start-up, needed to grab market share from long-established competitors.
WorldRemit needed PR that supported its growth objectives. Specifically, the company needed:
- To increase brand awareness among the migrant / expat community
- To be known as a disruptive fintech start-up, taking on more traditional money-transfer providers
- To attract the attention of the UK investment community
We targeted the national, international, tech, expat and finance media with an aggressive campaign including:
- Media announcements to bring WorldRemit’s unique, low-cost money transfer services to potential customers around the world
- Business profiles and awards to showcase the rapid success of the WorldRemit business to potential investors
- Responding quickly to topical media stories around international money transfer to position WorldRemit’s spokespeople as thought leaders on the issue
- Harnessing WorldRemit’s own money transfer data to create interesting news stories for the media
In 9 months WorldRemit:
- Was featured in the media over 120 times, including 24 times in top national and international outlets, such as the BBC, FT, CNBC, Times, Guardian and Huffington Post.
- Owned a 9% share of voice on discussions about money transfer in the UK national media
- Achieved an 86% increase in brand awareness in its key UK target demographic.
During this time, the company’s web traffic soared by over 300%. WorldRemit caught the attention of the investment community and secured $40million in investement.
“TopLine was instrumental in building the credibility of WorldRemit as we grew from a start-up to a multi-million pound remittance company. They have excellent media relationships, both in the UK and internationally and are able to spot interesting media opportunities and manage them professionally to delivery.” – Ismail Ahmed, CEO, WorldRemit.
Find out more about our fintech PR services.