The representative body for the UK fintech industry, Innovate Finance (IF), needed help to build media interest, social engagement and awareness of the first-ever UK Fintech Week (UKFW).
We developed a three-pronged approach in which we…
- …set up and ran UKFW social media channels fueled by channel specific content plans, engagement guidelines and creative campaigns.
- …produced monthly newsletters for IF subscribers to build momentum, promote the launch of UKFW, its associated and partner-run events and the annual Innovate Finance Global Summit.
- …designed a PR strategy drawing on IF’s fintech expertise to raise awareness of UKFW among key media in the preceding months and to generate messaging-led interviews with the lead spokesperson during the week itself.
In three months, the efforts to raise awareness of the first ever UKFW delivered:
- Six interviews with tier one media targets (including The Financial Times, The Fintech Times, FS Tech and P2P Finance News).
- Five national media hits each including unique UKFW mentions.
- 42 trade publication hits including 66 UKFW mentions.
- 121 instances of key messages secured in media.
- #UKFW trending on Twitter.
- More than 4.6m social impressions, and 4.7K engagements over the week itself.
Find out more about our fintech PR services.