When your marketing budget is tight, it can be difficult to know what marketing strategies to invest in. This is especially true if there’s a lack of understanding around the effectiveness of particular marketing methods.
So, how effective is video marketing? As a B2B video marketing agency, we know for a fact that video marketing is one of the best ways to reach your target audience, build trust, boost conversions and ultimately, positively impact your company’s bottom line.
There are many statistics out there which highlight the effectiveness of strong video content marketing campaigns. They’re particularly useful to have on-hand when you’re pitching video to C-level management, who may not immediately see the value of video and therefore withhold budget.
We’ve compiled a list of the best video marketing statistics that show just how useful video can be:
- By 2019, the global consumer internet video traffic will account for 82 percent of all consumer Internet traffic, according to Cisco’s Visual Networking Index
- Video holds audiences longer – people spend three times longer on pages with video than without
- Executives love video. 59% say they would rather watch a video than read text
- According to Aberdeen, companies who use video boost revenue 49% faster year on year than organisations without video
- Video directly affects conversion rate – brands which include a video on product pages see an average 134% boost in conversions
- An A/B test of a fitness product sales page revealed a 46% increase in click-throughs to the purchase page when the sales page included a video
- According to research commissioned by Google, YouTube reaches more 18 to 49-year-olds on mobile during prime-time TV hours than any cable TV network
- The popularity of video is huge – 78% of people view online videos every week, and 55% watch online videos every day
- Animated explainer videos increase conversion rates by 20%, according to Switch Video
- Video is the new try-before-you-buy. According to Think With Google, 50% of people interested in a product or service searched for online videos before visiting a store
- Looking for a boost in traffic to your site? Brands that use video see 41% more web traffic from search than non-users.
- Video can give your email marketing campaign a lift. 75 percent of automated email providers slashed opt-outs by 75% when emails included a video
- If you want to generate a buzz on social, video may be a good idea. Video gets 1200% more shares than image and text content combined
- Marketers love video, too. 72% of marketers used video as part of their content marketing strategy, according to the Content Marketing Institute
- Video is becoming increasingly popular among businesses. 81% of businesses now use video as a marketing tool, up from 63% in 2017
Do you want to find out about how video marketing can help your company to grow? Contact our head of production now.